Join us this weekend in your jeep

I plan on camping and running LCIR (Los Coyotes Indian Reservation) this weekend. So far I have about 10 rigs coming. This place is tons of fun and its near San Diego. Anyone interested in joining us can email me at kevin_hedstrom at yahoo dot com

Reply to
Kevin in San Diego

Alternatively, you can just show up.

Take your favorite route to Warner Springs, Highways 76, and 78 out of San Diego intersect Highway 79, that can be picked up from I-15 in Temecula, which passes right through Warner Springs. When in Warner Springs, look for the gas station (there is only one, and you should stop in and top off the tank). Just south of the gas station is a street named Camino San Ignacio. Take this street all of the way to the Los Coyotes Indian Reservation. There is a gate at the entrance, and somebody there will want you to pay an entrance fee of $15 for the day, and $20 to camp overnight. The camping is very nice, but is primative (no hook ups). There is a trail system that covers about 40 miles, and only about 20 miles can be covered in a day, sometimes less. All obsitcles have a bypass route, so even the stockers can get through with little more than an occasional strap.

Everybody that goes should have 5 tires that are all the same diameter, tow hooks on both ends of their Jeep, first aid kit, working parking brake, etc., etc., etc. A CB radio improves the experience more than I can say, and if you make a wrong turn, the CB will help things more that you can say.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

That about sums it up. Thanks Jeff. Can you make it? KH

Reply to
Kevin in San Diego

Is it just me or does it seem like Im the only one wheeling regularly in this group. Come on, get that thing dented and dirty. KH

Reply to
Kevin in San Diego

Naw, we have a bunch of Canadian RAMJ+W folks going out for the Labor Day weekend, my wife and I are going for 6 days.

Folks are coming from other provinces too.

Mike

Mike Romain

LOL, I'd like to see Bill out there... I'm getting tired of his Pismo beach photo.

-Brian

[...]

: > >

: > >

: > >

: > > >

: > >

: > >

: >

: >

: :

Reply to
Cherokee-LTD

I have a broken yoke and a mis-shipment making the replacement parts come in late. I am hoping to get them today, but there is no rushing the UPS guy ...

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

Good luck with that Jeff. KH

Reply to
Kevin in San Diego

What sort of carnage? Any pics?

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

Yes it was great. Pics to follow soon. I made it up the center of El Hill.The right side is still a little tippy for my taste but I bet Ill conquer it soon. Anyhow pics and a link to a movie are forthcoming really soon. We had 11 rigs show up. I camped two nights and had thunder and lightening. No rain though. KH

Reply to
Kevin in San Diego

Here you go, boy did that guys front ball joints and u joint fail! We fixed it and he drove it home!!

KH

Reply to
Kevin in San Diego

You made it up El Hill, hey that is something Kevin, congrats man! You would have shamed me for sure, I don't have the nerve to try El Hill with my TJ being so danged tall.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Bransford

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Ok....

I only get a blank blue screen when I click on the link.

Mike

Mike Romain

It worked OK for me Mike. The link took me to a photo album, one of the photos was actually a video clip that I could download.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Must be Doctor's orders - he wouldn't want you getting any ideas in that busted head of yours .

How's that com> Ok....

Reply to
Will Honea

Reply to
Will Honea

LOL!

Yup, we are leaving for a RAMJ+W off road camping trip tomorrow night and the doc told me to 'just' be a beach bum and to even forget the canoe or paddling anything, let alone off roading. The loggers have cleared the trail to the lake we are going to.

Looks like 4-8 Jeeps coming so far.

I am stuck on a 'not critical' MRI waiting list for a diagnosis of a blood clot in my brain the CAT scan showed before they can fix the compressed vertebra in my neck. I just go for physio every day to keep the muscles that are spazed from the nerve pinches under control.

That damn SARS virus closed all the hospitals here in Toronto for a long time, so the waiting list is now long.....

My wife is coming along too, so you can bet I will be a 'good' boy.

I hurt too damn much just moving around to get too many ideas anyway... :-(

I still like to look though! Geese....

Mike

Will H>

Reply to
Mike Romain

Oh man did it break. It started with the U joint and just got worse. The lower ball joint separated and the whole knuckle came off. We managed to muscle the ball joint back in with a floor jack we just happened to have and then used a ratcheting tie down to pull it the rest of the way in. then we put a 31" spare on to lessen the stress on that side and he gingerly drove it home! KH

Reply to
Kevin in San Diego