Power steering pump removal

Do I have to remove the motor mount to remove the power steering pump mounting bracket? I have all the bolts off and it appears to be associated with the motor mount, and I can't pull it off. It's on a 86 xj. 2.5l

Thanks,

Greg

Reply to
jerryg

Do I have to remove the motor mount to remove the power steering pump mounting bracket? I have all the bolts off and it appears to be associated with the motor mount, and I can't pull it off. It is in a

86 xj. 2.5l.

Thanks,

Greg

Reply to
jerryg

I don't know about that but on some models you have to remove the pulley to get the last bolt out. This requires a puller that you can rent or borrow from Autozone.

Cheers,

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton