Probably a dumb question, but....

While browsing through online classifieds and EBay, I see the vast majority of Jeeps for sale in the area from New York to Pennsylvania. It's probably a

3 or 4-1 ratio to the rest of the USA. Any idea why there are so many Jeep owners in the region? Just curious.

Chris

c did pass the time by typing:

Rust?

Reply to
DougW

Well, I live between NY and PA. I would guess that around here folks change their cars more often, not ever being satisfied with what they have and moving on to something next. There is a lot of money around these parts and this enables these folks to do this. Tomes

Reply to
Tomes

Chris, I had noticed that also. Last year when looking to buy a TJ it seemed like every one I pulled up on ebay was in New York.

I don't know the reason...

Mark

Reply to
Mark Burns

It's cause of all the mountains and snow that so many people own Jeeps in New York.

All of NY state loves Jeeps. It's the 4 Wheel Drive that we prefer. And nothing looks better than Jeeps. Have you even been through an upstate New York winter.... or even worse live in New York closer to the Great Lakes and it snows every day from November 1st to January 5th, then the lakes freeze and the lake effect snows stop, but then the Nor'Easters hit, then lakes melt and it snows everyday from Feburary 15th to April 5th. NO KIDDING! It doesn't stop snowing. It just doesn't stop. And we don't shut down schools or businesses unless it's over 10 inches of snow in a 6 hour period. So we have to drive in it.

But when the warmer weather hits we head for the Adirondack Mountains. And what's better to camp in than a Jeep? What's better at crossing stream beds than a Jeep? Then it's vacation time and we have to pack up the whole family and head for the cape and islands (Cape Cod), or another New England beach. And what's better at packing a whole family in for a week's vacation and then being able to drive on the beach as well?

JEEP!

Reply to
Mark12211

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Rust belt man....

They don't last long looking good. When the rot shows, the price has to drop radically...

Folks dump them then and buy another new one.

Mike

"L.W.(ßill) Hughes III" wrote:

Mike Romain

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

LOL, actually I should have been more specific. I look for CJs and YJs, and it seems that most of them on EBay are from the NE. There are loads of GCs here, but that's not what I want. I'll find one eventually, just gotta keep lookin.

Chris