project rubi step #1

the first step in my projectrubi build is installing a 10,500lb. mile marker 2 speed hydraulic winchwith the power out option. UPS delivered it at 6pm so i didnt have enoughdaylight left to install it. ill be taking off early tomorrow to put it onand ill do an extensive tech paper on the entire installation process.

Reply to
Nathan W. Collier

Nathan, welcome to the ranks of the few, the proud, the Milemarker hydraulic winch owners. I hope you enjoy yours as much as I do mine.

---------------------------------------------------- Del Rawlins- del@_kills_spammers_rawlinsbrothers.org Remove _kills_spammers_ to reply via email. Unofficial Bearhawk FAQ website:

Del Rawlins

Thanks Nathan, I've been very interested in that particular winch.

Pail inVA

Reply to
Paul

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

hi del, i heard all the arguements for and against, and ultimately decided the hydraulic was the way to go for my intended usage. ill outline my reasons in the write up.

Reply to
Nathan W. Collier

hi paul, if at all able im going to hit uwharrie this weekend to put it through its paces. my write up will cover everything i run into during the installation process, hopefully it will benefit others.

Reply to
Nathan W. Collier

thanks bill!

Reply to
Nathan W. Collier

only 3 1/2 hour drive....

installation

Reply to
Paul

cool, ill post if im able to take the time away from working to make a run up there. only 90 minutes for me.

Reply to
Nathan W. Collier

Reply to
David C. Moller

i landed a lucrative contract awhile back that enabled me to recover from the money lost on selling my house. with that im able to keep my rubicon _and_ buy the new work truck that i need.

interesting enough, i tried hard to sell it for what....8-9 months(?) and within 2 weeks of recovering and deciding to keep it i was offered what i was asking for it. funny how some things just work out for the better. were i a religious man i would swear someone was looking out for me.

so im moving forward with project rubi and loving every minute of it. fact is im happy at stock height so ill add the winch, heavy duty custom bumpers front and rear, and then spacers to bring me back up to stock height. i have no intentions of lifting it like i did my last one. not only is she awesome at stock height, but i dont want to sacrifice ride quality and stability because im off camber a lot.

Reply to
Nathan W. Collier

Nathan, have you changed out the TC skid, or do you have plans to? An inch off the belly is worth two on the tire! n

Reply to
Nathan Otis

im waiting on the aftermarket to come up with a better solution. i dont want to raise my motor mounts 1" to be able to lose the shovel.

Reply to
Nathan W. Collier

Reply to
twaldron

Break one of those welders out and make one! Collier Offroad Armor (COA brand).

Seriously though... I'm sure someone will have one out soon enough, particularly with the popularity of the Rubicons.

Reply to
Ichabod Shagnasti

heh.....ill wait and let someone else do the R&D first. ;-)

if im waiting and thomas is waiting then others must also be waiting.

Reply to
Nathan W. Collier

Sweet! Glad to hear that. Ya, that's always the way sales go, ain't it? hehehehe I'm with ya on the lift thing... still thinking about maybe going to

3" with 33's though, since a lot of the guys I *used* to wheel with have done the same (or even more), and it's hard to tag along with them these days. Still happy with the coil spacer lift though... some people say 'What's the point in lifting *only* ~2 inches'? I'm always saying 'Simple... the point is that the rock that was going to attempt to put a one and a half inch dent in my oil pan now doesn't even make a scrape' hehehe.

Dave

Reply to
David C. Moller

Reply to