Step Bars

Well. I am really proud of my new truck,

but I noticed my kids struggling toclim in and out of it. I decided to add a step bar. I am going to get one that is wheel to wheel so it works as a cab step and also as a bed step so I can get into my toolbox more easily.

I compared several. The Quality S was the least expensive. It is chromed steel. The only guy in town selling them couldn't show me a picture of one or even an application part number for wheel to wheel for my truck.

Putco has a nice polished stainless steel step bar, but at about $700 it was by far the most expensive.

I looked at Westin. Chromed stainless at a very good price. Wait time?

6-12 weeks depending on who you talk to. Nobody had a wheel to wheel bar instock.

MAAP. Mid American Auto Parts. In stock. Just a little more expensive than Westin. Delivery time 2 days. Mirror polished stainless. Cool deal. I should have it on my truck by the end of the week.

I'll post a picture on my photos page when I have it on.

-- Bob La Londe Yuma, Az

YOUR WEB LINK TO THE LINK INDEX ON MY SITE

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Be careful, My dad's mail man slipped between the truck and the step rail when getting out of his truck, snapped his leg real nasty just above the ankle as he fell to the ground. Dad has the running board style, the mail man HAD tube rails for the step bar. The mail man had them violently removed...The Mail Man had Dad take his torch after them, dad doesn't screw around, took about 5 min. Dad is too old to mess with removing rusted bolts.

I would not recommend step bars, in my opinion of course,

mike

Reply to
JAG