Q for the old timers (Flat fender fuel mileage)

The Nash he is talking about got good mileage, even by current standards, of

30+ mpg. The later Rambler American, a smaller, stripped down version with, I believe, the same flat head six, got a little better. I looked down the bore of number one cylinder on one, with a vertical groove at least two millimeters deep, and started thinking, how much work I was willing to put into a fifty year old "economy car". Some fish you just have to throw them back.

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

If it has those reclining seats I'd save it! :-)

Reply to
Frank_v7.0

Thanks but it apears to be dead at least at the moment I'll try later.

Reply to
Simon Juncal

That is just too cool, I LOVE those little trucks. A while back someone had one on ebay that had a Stude 289 in it, talk about the best of both worlds!

Jeff DeWitt

L.W.(Bill) Hughes III wrote:

Reply to
Jeff DeWitt

Heh. Ex's mom let her date me because I showed up in an MGB and mom presumed her daughter couldn't get in trouble in a small brit sports car. Daughter took that as a personal challenge.

L.W.(Bill) Hughes III proclaimed:

Reply to
Lon

The even older Nash's, before they went on the 6 banger kick got pretty good mileage as well. Straight 8, twin ignition, standard overdrive... and the same reclining seats.

Earle Horton proclaimed:

Reply to
Lon

Too bad they didn't keep the old sleeve valves, then Bill could always just reply: "real jeeps have sleeve valves" heh heh.

L.W.(Bill) Hughes III proclaimed:

Reply to
Lon

Reply to
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

Reply to
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

The life expectancy of 'Real Jeeps" was 3 months.

Reply to
billy ray

Reply to
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

Georgie's Caddy t-boned a 6-by. The driver and other passenger were uninjured.

Reply to
billy ray

Reply to
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

The car was repaired and returned to service. It is now in the Patton Museum at Ft Knox.

Patton was a strict anti-communist which ran afoul of the prevailing (and current) pro-commie stance of the Demoncratic party.

It is more likely they were given promotions and then quietly murdered to ensure their silence.

Reply to
billy ray

Reply to
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

Largely due to the windshield wipers not being fast enough to fend off those nasty 88mm droplets.

billy ray proclaimed:

Reply to
Lon