Question on plow mounting

I just bought this plow setup for my '89 YJ

I can't figure out where one pair of brackets go. It's the relatively thin pair with a slight bend in them and an angle iron welded onto one end. They are highlighted in the first picture. If anyone has any ideas I would love to hear them.

Thanx much Bill Smith

Reply to
BSartist

L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

I had something like this about thirty years ago, with a plow that was supposed to fit a Farmall tractor. I held pieces up to the tractor, looking for bolt holes that matched up, and eventually it came to me. If you can figure out where any of it goes, bolt that part on and then look for a place to fit your mystery brackets. Is this plow absolutely, positively known to fit your model Jeep?

Do you know which transmission you have? Some of the YJ transmissions are considered marginal for heavy duty use like plowing. Folks around the corner from me have a big clutch and some kind of granny low transmission in the CJ they use for plowing their service station lot.

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

If I am not mistaken they go to each side of the frame and bolt to the cross member of the plow frame to provide support.

Coasty

Reply to
Coasty

Meyer's website and Google(r) were my very first stops :-) :-)

Bill

L.W.(Bill) Hughes III wrote:

Reply to
BSartist

Yes that's been my tactic. I have the other stuff figured out and I am left with these two.

The only flaw with that approach is that if I find out that these pieces "stack" on any of the other pieces, my expensive hardened bolts that I've installed might be too short.

Earle Hort> I had something like this about thirty years ago, with a plow that was

Reply to
BSartist

Coasty,

you win the grand prize!