Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

No.

Reply to
Shaggie

layout is...

Fennidh

a DVORAK the

Seems a model of efficiency if they cram all 6 of those letters on the first five keys.... or confusing

Actually the keys spell nothing. check this out...

Fennidh

Unnecessary post, sorry. I'll update first nest time.

JT

with

Reply to
Fennidh

I've often wondered...

Reply to
Matt Osborn

Plus, once you learn it, it is much faster than a qwerty board. So you spend less time typing and more time doing important things... Like 4 wheeling...

Reply to
Charlie

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

? A 20% protocol encoding overhead?

? A 16.7% built in prepaid key tax allowance?

Reply to
L0nD0t.$t0we11

Reply to
L0nD0t.$t0we11

Did they ask him about The New World?

Reply to
L0nD0t.$t0we11

Actually it is a very good layout. You can type something like 70 percent of all common words without moving your hands off the home row. The next most common letters are on the row above the home row. The bottom row, which is the hardest to reach, is where all the least used letters are.

From your comment it sounds like you type like I used too. I could never quite learn the qwerty board. I used what I called the "scriptural" method of typing... "Seek and ye shall find". After typing for years that way I switched to dvorak. Within two weeks I learned the dvorak board completely and have never looked back. Give it a chance. I don't think you'll regret it.

How do these post get SO far off topic??????

Reply to
Charlie

Reply to
twaldron

Nah, since windoze 3.0, support for remapping your keyboard has been built into the operating system and isn't it about 95% of computers nowadays that are running some flavor of windoze? Look at "keyboard" setting in control panel then "input locales" then "change" then "add" then find Dvorak. Takes all of about 20 seconds to set up.

Reply to
Shaggie

Reply to
twaldron

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

On some keyboards you can pop the keytops and swap them as needed.

Reply to
L0nD0t.$t0we11

In your keyboard control panel you can set the language - 99% of computer operating systems on the market (maybe more) have Dvorak built-in, and you can switch layouts easily. You just have to ignore the letters that are printed on the physical keys, because they're all wrong. ;) It took me a few weeks to get the new layout 'wired' right in my brain-finger connection, but now it's great. I'd never go back, when it's so easy to switch.

Brian

So, does that mean Real Attitudes have Jeeps?

Reply to
CRWLR

Go look in the mirror and answer me that one!

Reply to
jbjeep