removing TJ softtop

The manual says to remove the #27 torx bolts that hold the softtop bows to the roll bar bracket. I did that but they wouldn't budge. It's as if the plastic on the ends of the bows have a sleeve that sits in the bracket hole preventing their removal. Tried a gentle prying but didn't want to break anything. So what's the deal? FWIW I simply removed the brackets from the roll bar instead, which worked fine, I'm just wondering why the owners manual method didn't work.

Rich M

98TJ
Reply to
Rich M

You have to wack the brackets to get them out. It won't break anything, just use your hand or a rubber mallet.

Reply to
Richard Nuth

What about when it's time to reinstall? You have to pound them in with a mallet?!? I'm thinking the bracket removal was easier.

Rich M

98TJ
Reply to
Rich M

Reply to
twaldron

Even easier if you dump the plastic ends for the aluminum conversion kit from sun performance.

* * * Matt Macchiarolo

Matt Macchiarolo