Rough Start

Purchased a used 2000 GCL late last fall (4.7L auto).. Excellent condition and no problems through the winter. Every now and then driving it to keep things good (with the price of gas the Civic pulls me through most weather). With the warmer weather, I've had a disturbing thing occurring. Start it up . . . . within about 10 - 20 seconds very rough idle, the engine almost stalls, then recovers and things are good again within 30 - 40 seconds or so. With the recovery, some pinging sounds from the engine as it regains the rpm.

Planning on taking this in for some other work (mopar Class III hitch with bumper kit) and thought I would query the group as to any possible common problems before leaving this to the local tech's to diagnose.

Reply to
Monroe