Senrty Key - Can it be added after purchase?

Well, decided not to wait for the `05's and bought an `04 TJ (the

2k+0% convinced me), and the only option that it didn't have that I wanted was the Sentry Key. Can this be added, or is it a factory only option (dealer said factory only, but I thought that I'd ask the experts here.
Reply to
Tony

L.W.(ßill)

Sentry key requires a new steering column w/ computer hookup. Very costly at dealership.. Better to buy a different Jeep.

Reply to
<curtis6317

Reply to
Tony

I had the same problem, so I had the dealer install Electronic Vehicle Security (EVS III) instead. It has an engine immobilizer as well as all the "noise" stuff. It is a doors and motion based system.

I'm happy with the EVS III system.

Walt Johnson KB2UOU N3385L

99 TJ

Reply to