Shackle lift help

Hey guys, I've started installing the longer shackles, but I've run into a bit of a problem. The front springs are shifted towards the driver side by about 3/4".

Pictures are here:

Is this or is this not a big deal?

Also, one of the rivets on the driver side spring pack is broken. Same question, big deal or not?

Reply to
The Merg

Your springs are only shifted because you have a track bar on there. As the jeep goes up, the wheels go sideways. This is an issue with lifts. Some come with a track bar relocater bracket.

Mike

Mike Romain

Aha - so I'm thinking I should unbolt the trackbar to align the shackles, then reattach the trackbar when I lower the Jeep?

Thanks, Mike.

Mike Roma> Your springs are only shifted because you have a track bar on there. As

Reply to
The Merg

I would try to pry first.... I think I would use my foot on the spring pushing sideways while grabbing the bumper or frame on the other side or something.

Your method might be best though....

Mike

The Merg wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

It worked - the bolt for the trackbar was a rusty beast, but once I got it off it was a piece of cake. I have to go to Baltimore until thursday, so I can't do the rear until Thurs night or Friday - but once it's done I'll let you guys know how everything else went and I'll post pictures.

Thanks, Mike - It would have taken me a while to figure out the trackbar was the problem.

Mike Roma> I would try to pry first.... I think I would use my foot on the spring

Reply to
The Merg

You are welcome, thanks for the follow up.

Mike

The Merg wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

I did mine by attaching the shackle on the spring end first; that gives you some wiggle room, since it's a lot easier to move the shackle to the frame than the spring to the shackle.

A really big mallet helps too.

Probably true. Wish I'd thought of the trackbar! :)

Reply to
Garth Almgren