Shipping soft-top, where to get box?

Any of you guys had to ship a soft-top? Where did you get a box big enough? TIA.

Jay

Reply to
JVC

Whata you a moron!? There ain't no such box big enough, except for a piano box and if you know where to get a piano, you must be some kinda h*mo and don't need to be driving no jeeps anyway or shipping jeep parts neither...

Jay

Reply to
rob

Reply to
twaldron

rob did pass the time by typing:

Might have to make one up from smaller pieces of cardboard. U-Haul sells boxes, they might have something big enough.

if your picky and want to waste money.

Reply to
DougW

DougW proclaimed:

Might want to check out these two online places. Pretty sure the jeep top would fit in one of these:

or

Lon

Try breaking it down (so to speak) in to pieces and shipping it in several boxes. one for the windows (rolled), one for the top, one for the hardware, etc.

Reply to
jbjeep

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

This sounds to obvious but go to the dealer parts department and ask them for the box. I had a problem shipping the uppers doors, I went to the dealer who had a box. It happened that some odered them and did not want all carboard to take home.

Reply to
Snowboardripper

Well, it is easier and cheaper to fold it up before boxing it....

Seriously, try calling your local franchised UPS (other other carrier) shipping point. Many of them offer boxing services for a small charge. Lacking that, appliance stores are a good free source of large sheets of cardboard, with a razor knife and some packing tape you can build the size box you need. If condition is important on the recieving end consider layering something (cloth, bubble wrap, paper towels, etc.) between the windows to reduce rubbing and scratching in transit. If you are shipping top bows too box them seperately -- they'll probably be "oversize" and most carriers charge a penalty for that. Again, your local shipping point should be able and willing to give you advice on the best (read: cheapest) way to pack.

My CJ Replace-A-Top arrived in a box 1'x1'x5' or so.

Reply to
Lee Ayrton

I am trying to avoid taking the header piece out. The bows are separated, and the windows will go in a separate box. But I remember what a PITA that header was to do so I am trying to save the guys who is getting the top the trouble. I think the UPS Store may be the best bet. A little more $$, but definitely easier. Thanks.

Jay

Lee Ayrt> >

Reply to
JVC

Go to the UPS Store. They tack on 10% above UPS counter rates (like the UPS shipping center or Staples) but they used to be called Mailboxes Etc. and their moto is "We will ship anything" . They willl have a perfect box.

Reply to
Mark12211