Mold on Soft-top

Hey all. I have a soft-top from my '98 TJ. The garage I was storing it in sprung a leak in the roof right over the top. Now it's moldy/mildewy. Is there anything I can use on it to get rid of this stuff or do I just have to start over and buy a new one? This sux! TIA.

Jay

Reply to
JVC

Harris Family

(Line up the firing squad- here' goes)

I would try lysol floor cleaner mixed to about half-strenth (half potentcy of what they say on the directions) and a soft bristle brush with lots and lots and lots of fresh water after.

No experience here.... It's just what I would do. Gotta kill the creature somehow.

John

Reply to
John R

Reply to
Jim85CJ

Reply to
twaldron

Reply to
Jim85CJ

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Reply to
twaldron

JVC proclaimed:

Hydrogen Peroxide is a somewhat decent bleach if you scrub with a good brush...some places [Smart & Final] you can buy it in gallon jugs. Add a bit of cleaner like Lysol, might work without too much damage.

If it is just spots, you might try one of those bleach pens, being careful to stay away from the seams. What the heck, it can't look much worse...

Reply to
Lon