Slight hesitation

My '95 YJ (2.5, AX5) has a slight hesitation right when the clutch is let out and the gas starts to be applied. It seems to happen in any gear. At first I thought it was my driving but even trying reving more, letting the clutch out different ways, etc., it still has that slight hesitation. What can cause something like this? Thanks.

Reply to
nrs

I had the same thing in 87's second engine . Never found out what made it do it . My third engine in her is starting to do the same thing. I think its in the Distributor . Just bought a new one and have not had the time to switch it out. This weekends project i hope.

Later Mike

Reply to
Mike chambers

Please let me know the result with the new distributor. Do you have the EFI 2.5 engine? Thanks.

Reply to
nrs

Sorry it has taken this long to get back. But the new Distributor fixed the proublem.Just make sure you mark the old one when you take it out and replace it with the new one. I did not and spent a full day trying to get it timed right.

Later Mike

Reply to
Mike chambers

Yup its the EFI 2.5

Later Mike

Reply to
Mike chambers

Yep. :) Pain in the ass isn't it? Did that on my old C-10 Chevy.

Reply to
DougW

Thanks for confirming the fix. I don't know if I'll do this right away but if it gets any worse it will be time to do it.

Reply to
nrs

Some light reading.

DougW

It was the worse . Then you add a few neighbors and lots of beer.But what a diffrence in how good it runs now.

Later Mike

Reply to
Mike chambers

Thanks, that will help a lot!