Gear slippage/hesitation

My 2004 XC70 seems to have a slip or hesitation when going from what I assume is 1st to 2nd gear. It doesn't happen all the time though. It quite often happens when making a turn from a stop sign .I feel it when the car approaches 20mph at 2000RPM's.

I have an appointment with the shop, but wanted any input prior to their analysis/diagnosis. There doesn't seem to be a correlation between the occurrence of this slippage/hesitation whether I have just started out on the day's initial driving or after the car has been driven all day.

Any thoughts would be most helpful.

Alan

Reply to
Alan

Is it an actual slippage/hesitation to engage second, or could it be a hesitation of the engine itself? I point this out becasue if you tell the shop that is is a slippage they may be thrown off track.

__ __ Randy & \ \/ /alerie's \__/olvo '93 960 Estate

Reply to
Randy G.

Randy,

Thanks for the follow up. I feel it is a slippage or hesitation as the car shifts. Again, it doesn't do it all the time. Perhaps I don't understand the differences you mention?

Alan

Reply to
Alan

I have a T5 auto, your problem sounds like a similar problem to mine. It seems to happen when I accelerate slowly (not all the time) it just seems to hang for a few seconds then power as normal, seems strange no misfire, revs ok just no power momentarily. looked about found an induction hose perished, replaced but fault still there. Please let us know what the shop says.

sw

Reply to
Sticky Wullie

As I recall there's a software update for this problem.

Reply to
Mike F

No diagnosis from the shop today. I tried to re-create the issue with the Tech, no luck! They said the software was up to date.

Maddening isn't?

Thanks again.

Reply to
Hans Castorp

Software Upgrades for the ECM & TCM Should slove your complaint

30677021 & 30677036 are the software #S Glenn
Reply to
Glenn Klein

Glenn-Thanks for the bounce back. The shop said all the codes where correct and no updates where needed.

Reply to
Alan