Some miserable SOB got my gas again!

Damn it, this is the 3rd or 4th time this year I have only had enough gas left in the tank to start it and back out of the driveway when it up and dies.

That fast spin up after die that means no gas.

I know I had over 50 liters in it this time, the first couple times I thought I missed my odometer tag by a hundred miles or something. This time for sure it had gas yesterday.

Time for a locking gas cap. This neighborhood used to be a nice safe one too. Now it is all high rises. Time to move.

Mike

Mike Romain

Well... with gas prices what they are... I think locking caps will be back in style... like in the mid 70's.

Professor

Professor

We had a crankster without a car siphoning gas for his 3 wheeler around here. I left a plastic can out, with a half gallon of gas and about 2 Oz of battery acid in the bottom. The can disappeared, and we never saw the honda again. Funny what sulfuric acid does to zinc.

One of my friends has a 70s Chevy truck with locking cap. He went to fill it up and found out some punk had cut the filler hose inside the fender well to siphon it.

Reply to
Paul Calman

Yup, I just paid 99 cents a liter for more.....

Mike

Professor wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

Wow I never heard of that trick!

Years ago some one told me of a trick. Which was to put a stretched out condom into the gas tank. Apparently it would eventually block the gas intake which then the car would quit. After a few minutes (After it started to float away from the intake) it would start again only to become clogged and quit again. As I never tied it. (A dirty trick to play on your enemies) I don't know if it actually does it. Maybe something for mythbusters.

Paul Calman wrote:

Reply to
FrankW

Reminds me of a story I heard about a friend of a friend.. Someone kept stealing the radio out of his van, even with his alarm.. The criminal would simply grab ahold of the rear of the unit, and rip it out in a downward motion. On the 3rd install of radios, he attached some razor blades to the back of the unit. A couple nights later, he awoke the alarm yet again, but when he went out to the van, he still had a radio.. and a very bloody van to clean up.

The other benefit to this type of security would be that he could probably call local hospitals and ask for the guy who had recently been admitted for severe hand wounds. :)

Reply to
Dave

I know someone who did this too. A few days after finding blood and flesh in his car, he found all his windows smashed, body panels dented and tires slashed.

Reply to
Steve Foley

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

They can empty me. I have enough to start her and move about 20 feet.

Mike

"L.W.(ßill) Hughes III" wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

Another trick is to mix the gas with some diesel 75% diesel to 25% gas it is a hoot when the engine smokes looks like a sketer fogger and they have to pay big bucks to get the repairs done.

Also, put 1 gallon of acetone to 4 gallons of gas and it has the opposite affect eats every rubber gasket from the fuel system to the intake manifold.

I am not evil I just get even

Reply to
Coasty

that's a real bastard. I wouldn't be without a locking petrol cap ; it's not what they might take out that worries me, it's what they might put in ...

Reply to
Dave Milne

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Oh I am sure it won't stop a determined thief, but it seems to stop the kids.

Reply to
Dave Milne

This kind of stuff can get you successfully sued, but try and prove a dissolved float bowl was my fault.

Reply to
Paul Calman

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

We stayed at a motel in Yucca Valley California one night, and came out to find the gas tank empty. I mentioned it at the gas station where we went for gas. The attendant said we were really lucky that we didn't have a locking gas tank lid. If we had, we would have lost more than the gas. The thieves simply put a large pan under the tank and place a small hydraulic jack in the center with a pointed top welded on like an oil can spout. They jack the device up until it punctures the tank, and Voila! Lots of gas. Of course a skid plate under the tank would make this pretty difficult. Wouldn't have helped with the new Buick.

Dick

Reply to
Dick

If the bastards would put as much effort as that idea took into earning a living,,,

Reply to
Paul Calman

Hey it's nice to know it's the same price on your side of the country. I needed gas today in my truck, also wanted to mow the lawn, so got $35.00 in the truck, and $5.00 in an empty gas can, that was about an inch of gas in a five gallon can, 99 cents a liter her too.

Reply to
Greg

Couple things.

1) PIT BULL .. won't have to worry about theifs again. 2) house around the corner is for sale ..:)

I'd like to see some poor bastard try to syphon my tank.. at max it holds

1/2 a tank and usually sits around a 1/4. If the bastard got his hose in there wrong he would be sucking air..lol

Snow...

Snow

My 'Benjy' dog passed away a couple years ago after 14 fun years. Never lost anything while 'he' was around.

He looked like a black throw rug tossed on the seat, all 150 lb of him! Irish Setter/ Bouvier de Flanders cross.

Mike

Snow wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain