Some miserable SOB got my gas again!

Most stolen dog breed....

I've tried siphoning my '00 XJ... no can do. Some kind of credit-card excluder in there... __ Steve .

Reply to
Stephen Cowell

FrankW

Reply to
Greg

Wow I never heard of that trick!>

//////////// A friend of mind was having this truck hit once or twice a week ! So he finally listened to me and took a 5 gallon can ,put three gallon of water in the bottom and 2 gallon of fuel and topped it off and left it next to the truck filler cap. The next day he found a van four miles down the road broke down, with three teens in it !

Never was hit again.

I am opposed to millionaires.......but it would be dangerous to offer me the position. ~Mark Twain

Reply to
Chad Gore

My wife and I were mulling that one over this morning or thinking about making a fake tank under for a while and run off one located somewhere else.

We only know one thief and if it is him, we would love to seriously damage his vehicle.

Mike

Mike Romain

/////////// Don't do anything to get thrown in jail ! Let nature take it's course. :>)

I am opposed to millionaires.......but it would be dangerous to offer me the position. ~Mark Twain

Reply to
Chad Gore

Well, I can't help it if I decided to use an/my auxiliary gas tank while cleaning my main one out with acetone or an acid wash now can I?

;-)

Mike

Reply to
Mike Romain

On 6 Jun 2005 10:42:48 -0700 in , "Professor" graced the world with this thought:

never knew they went of style...

Reply to
bizbee

Yup, everyone lost the key and found out that the gas station pump jockeys could open up the locking cap with no key as fast as they could with the key so fast realized they were worthless.

I am dealing with a systematic thief and any of those can open the locking caps as fast as a gas pump jockey.

I will be buying one (locking cap) anyway and if I can open it as easy as I used to be able to, it will be going back as useless.

Mike

Reply to
Mike Romain

Mike,

my German Sheperd/St. Bernard ("Mirage" was her name) nailed a burglar back in Germany 6 or 7 years ago. She didn't even let the cops arrest the SOB because he was "hers"!

Mike in Indiana

Reply to
WMS

LOL!

I got tagged like that once by a shepherd/collie cross. I was in 'her' shop after hours and no darn way was I leaving 'her' shop with any of the gear I was sent to get or even just leaving after I put it down. I had to phone the owner for help.

At least she knew me so she didn't decide to take any pieces out of me, she just sat by the door 'grinning'.

Mike

WMS wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

Maybe you could get one of those Wireless motion-detecting X10 cameras and catch the guy in the act..

The commercial on the website is pretty cheesy, but it gives a good explanation of the system.

Total w/ free shipping: $79.99

Reply to
Dave

I got caught that way in the kitchen in a house I rented a room in by the landlord's friend's 10 stone Rottweiler that he was dog sitting. Eventually, I bribed it with a lb of boiled ham which gave me enough time to leg it out the front door. As the landlord wasn't back that day, I had to find somewhere else to stay that night ! After we had been introduced (and more ham exchanged ownership), the dog and I became pals.

Dave Milne

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

I used to work for a company that had a fleet of gas powered vans (like bread vans) and they had a huge fuel pilferage issue. This was when all cars had catalysts and the state had vehicle inspections, however, the vans were over the GVW limit and had more lenient eemissions. No cat con, no o2 sensor.

Without prior announcement, they started filling the company gas storage tank with 100 octane aviation gasoline. This was not illegal then and did not involve road tax evasion (they paid quarterly on their mileage). The vans ran on the stuff pretty well. The cars started having mysterious problems and everyone with a late model car who was tapping the company can started having issues. Like replacing the cat con and 02 sensor on next emissions test...if the cat con didn't plug up first.

Fuel pilferage quit for the most part after that. However, the next order of vans were LP Gas burners, which well and truly stopped pilferage and made for much longer-lived engines.

Reply to
calcerise

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III