I've got gas

Of course I've been procrastinating that little fuel smell that comes from the quick disconnect that seeps a bit every now and then.

Till today I pull into work and get that OOF! gas! smell. Pop the hood, and sure as shit that little bugger is running a constant stream of fuel down on the intake manifold. I pack it off with some towel and wait till the rail pressure goes down.

Though it doesn't look like the connector is at fault. It looks more like the fuel hose used to splice the connector to the boosters fuel pressure regulator developed cracks. Thankfully I keep a replacement quick-connect and hose in the toolbox. Replaced it at lunch and everything is back to "normal".

Except that and I feel strangely full

And my shorts, can't find them.

Reply to
DougW

L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

L.W. ("ßill") Hughes III did pass the time by typing:

Jeeps have oil?!!

Reply to
DougW

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

The key word there is 'professional'.

I worked at a truck stop 30+ years ago and I saw an awful lot of vehicles I should have reported to the highway patrol as being unroadworthy.

Reply to
Billy Ray

Real Jeeps run straight 30-weight in the summer and straight 10-weight in the winter.

Reply to
Billy Ray

The local Firestone dealer thought the same way. After an oil change they sent my daughter home with no oil in the crankcase.

Reply to
Billy Ray

Billy Ray did pass the time by typing:

Welcome to the reason I never recommend JiffyLube. I've seen three empty drivaways and heard of at least four others.

Reply to
DougW

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Usually on the driveway, under where it is parked.

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

The plug was reinstalled, they just forgot to add the oil.

Luckily the daughter-unit knew enough to shut down the engine before she moved the car.

The worst I have ever personally done is failed to fully tighten the fill cap and that allowed oil to be splashed all over the engine compartment.

Reply to
Billy Ray

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

That is what prompted the daughter-unit to start paying for oil changes. Before that she would just call when it was oil change time or just come over.

Occasionally she would provide the oil and filter but as her Cougar took the same filter as my T-Bird and I buy extras when they are on sale I always had a few spares on hand.

It seems a bit odd to me...

Reply to
Billy Ray

They must be the old Wagoneers. They're the only Jeep product I can even imagine someone putting a 53 Series "Screaming Jimmy"in, and that's about the only engine anyone with any sense uses straight weight oil in anymore. Other than air cooled engines using Aeroshell I guess.

Reply to
Bret Ludwig

Real Jeeps (MBs) ran on straight weight oil.

Reply to
Billy Ray

It would have to be an improvement on what I see now...

Reply to
Billy Ray

Billy, be careful, you might wake up one day and see Bill H's image in the mirror!

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III