Spark Plug Wires - Advice for Jeep Wrangler Does Not Start In The Rain

Hello, I have a 1997 Jeep Wrangler. My Jeep fails to start when the climate is wet (eg, long heavy foog, or after a long rain). I believe
changing the spark plug wires will eliminate this problem.
Unfirtunately, I cannot manually (by hand) pull the cable from the spark plug. is their a special tool ar technique to remove the wire? Your help is greatly apprciated.
Thanks!
Hello, I have a 1997 Jeep Wrangler. My Jeep fails to start when the climate is wet (eg, long heavy foog, or after a long rain). I believe changing the spark plug wires will eliminate this problem.
Unfortunately, I cannot manually (by hand) pull the cable from the spark plug. Is their a special tool or technique to remove the wire? Your help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks!
I'd think distributor prior to wires, but I admit I'm an amateur when it comes troubleshooting engine problems.
Anyway, as to your question regarding pulling the wires, yes there is a tool. Looks something like this: http://www.setools.com/spbplier.shtml I picked up similar at my local auto parts store and it made life a lot easier when changing the wires/plugs.
Dave http://mysite.verizon.net/res0p2es/david/index.htm
On 16 Nov 2003 20:44:09 -0800, rico snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Rico de Lara) wrote:

If your going to the trouble of changing the wires you may as well change the distributor cap and even the rotor as well, it may also be a good time to change the spark plugs too.
Snow...