Spotted! 2007 Wranglers

Standing out front of our office building (Wilshire & Bundy in LA) this week I have seen 2 of the new Wranglers. On Monday, one of the 4 door versions rolled by covered in the typical cloth covers used to hide the details. Looked kinda like a H3. Today, the 2 door version rolled by without covers but with a dull black paint job. It looked pretty good.

Reply to
FOrtsiii

AND THE BLOODY PICTURES ARE ----- WHERE?????

Reply to
KJ.Kate

Mark Diegel

I think I just threw up in my mouth :(

Reply to
Jason Backshall

I saw one on I-96 westbound between Novi and Wixom on Tuesday.

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

You didn't by any chance play drums for Spinal Tap, did you?

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

It smells of a big bull stinky to me. Coasty

Reply to
Coasty

What a disapointment. Ugly ugly ugly. : : :

Reply to
KJ.Kate

This, coming from a Liberty owner. ;-)

Reply to
bllsht

I resemble that remark! I own a '02 liberty and a '04 Wrangler X. I didn't buy my Jeeps for their looks. :-)

Reply to
Frank_v7.0

Hi Kate:

I actually like the way the '07 Wrangler looks and I think Jeep did an excellent job in the re-design. I am disappointed in the fact the '07 is longer and wider, but with the new federal safety standards coming, I think Jeep really had to do this. I'm not too keen on the '07 interior photos either, but I'm sure the '07 "will grow on me."

Thankfully the '07 still has solid axels front and rear. For years the speculation was that Jeep would put IFS on the re-design. See Bill's ridiculous '05, '06 and '07 Wrangler preview photos over the last few years to verify this.

Having said that, I had an '02 Wrangler, and now have an '06 Rubi which I absolutely love! I purposely purchased the '06 because I was worried about the '07 re-design. Still like the size and the "simplicity" of the '06 much better than the longer, wider '07.

Tom

snip

Reply to
mabar

: >What a disapointment. Ugly ugly ugly. : : This, coming from a Liberty owner. ;-) : : :

Smart alek. Libertys are a good looking rig, you know the old saying: A face only a mother could love.

Just call me Mom. ;¬D

KJK

Reply to
KJ.Kate

What do 2006, 1996, and 1986 all have in common? To those of us who 've been around long enough, this thread will seem very familiar. When the YJ was introduced in '87, Jeep purists screamed all was lost with the lowered stance and square headlights. When the coil-sprung, car-interior equipped TJ was first rumored in 1996, they we're sure the Jeep had gone soft. The new TK will again be an evolution, but I'm glad DC hasn't messed with the formula too much. I've order mine once the initial rush has passed and the appropriate discounts are in place.

Reply to
J. Sloud

I did the same thing: knew the redesign was comming, and figured the TJL would only be in production for a year or two before being scrapped altogether. And I knew that the I-6's were about to become another footnote in history, which is sad: straight-6's in trucks aren't being produced anymore, and IMO, they're the most durable engines ever produced, topped only by Dodge's famous 225 ci. slant-6.

I hate to say it, but I'm in Kate's corner: yeah, the KJ's look like smiley-faced mall rats, but underneath, they're just as rugged as TJ's; I just liked the front/rear live axles and that straight-6 too doggone much to pass it up.

Hmmm. Keep talking about it, and I might have to go sit in one again. They had a LOT more room than a TJ, rode better, get better fuel mileage, and scooted quicker. Cheaper too. Hell, I might have to go sit in both '07's when they come out later this year to see what I'm missing.

Incidentally, I didn't end up haading for Tahoe after all. Had some minor 'guy surgery' that has postponed things for a couple of weeks. This sucks. Hate sitting around the house all week with nothing else to do but read newsgroups. Bleh.

One must wonder if the Unlimited's will have a higher resale value due to the short production run and being one of the last I-6 powered TJ's. Hmmm.

Reply to
JD Adams

Ya, but this just ain't any old newsgroup! We're special!

Heh, heh,

Tom

snip

Reply to
mabar

Don't you mean snip snip? :-)

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

No comment...ahem!

That reminds me, I need to swap out those el-cheapo DC OEM lug nuts today. I pulled one off the spare and peeled back that fake-chrome stuff to reveal a cheaply-made, cast pot-metal replica of an actual lug nut. For $20 bucks, I can fix that nonesense. Ford sources their junky lug nuts from the same outfit - anything to save a buck I guess.

Reply to
JD Adams

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Hey, I think I saw the help wanted ad for that position:

HELP WANTED

Circumcision machine operator. Great opportunity, start in right at the top, clear at least 100 skins a day, and always great chances to get ahead.

L.W.(ßill) Hughes III proclaimed:

Reply to
Lon

Reply to