T5 INSTALL - WONT SHIFT, HELP!

Give me the dumba$$ award today.

i dropped the tranny (T5) and T-case (D300) a week ago to replace the clutch. While it was out, i replaced T_case front oil seal to correct a leak, replaced the T-5 input shaft bearing cap (the old one was scored pretty bad from the throwoutbearing).....

I also removed the roll pin on the T-5 shift rail to offset lever, thinking it would get me access to the T5 top cover. the cover wouldn't come off so i reinstalled the roll pin and left it go. now its all reinstalled in the heep, but can't get the tranny to shift from the gear its in (3rd looks like from the detent ball pattern). when i removed the roll pin, the shift lever moved forward, but I pulled it back into position to reinstall it. now i find out that (work 1st, read the instructions later... oops) to get that top cover off, I had to remove the extensoin housing in the T5.

to make a long story short, is there anything, that I can do to to fix this and free up the tranny, short of removing the T-5/Tcase/skid plate assembly again? I was thinking something along the lines of removing the roll pin again and see if I can get the offset lever to move into neutral and reconnecting it.

the tranny rotates fine, as I needed to rotate it to align the splines in the clutch disc.

Help me please !

thanks

brian

Reply to
hammertime

L.W.(ßill)

Thanks for the help Bill.... it'll have to wait until after work tomorrow to get at it again. your T-5 picture looks strikingly similar to that in my 4wd catalog. anyways, i wish itwas numbered, but its the small pin looks like this (_) ( I bought a replacement at the hardware store.... they called it a tension pin) that connects the offest lever to the shift rail... its visible once you remove the shift lever assembly (pc. 4)

thanks again. i cant wait to get my scrambler back on the road while its still nice out here in VA these next few days.... brian

Reply to
hammertime