Technical Info on DRB-II

Greetings,

Does anyone have any technical information on the DRB-II serial data stream? I have a '90 Cherokee and would like to see if I can decode/encode messages with a PC.

I can detect the ECU TX data stream with a logic probe but need the details.

The OBD-II/III are resonably well documented on the Web, but the Chrysler variant is not.

I would like to thank the person who originally coined the phrase "99.9% of the time it is the CPS". Chock up another one for the CPS. It wasn't trivial to replace but my son and I are happily driving our '90 around again.

Thanks,

Lloyd

Reply to
Lloyd

There have been several projects to do this. I think the last one I saw as on either Netlabs or Sourceforge. AIR, part of the documentation for the code had the stream definitions, but only for the mandated codes. Manf. specific code tend tend to be "trade secrets" although a lot of them have been hacked just by piggy-backing on professional equipment and capturing the exchanges.

Reply to
Will Honea