Manuals on Toyota's Technical IS website

I was wondering if anyone had used Toyota's Technical Information System before to get repair manuals?

have a 1993 22RE truck and I am starting to attempt more repairs as Ilearn more. I thought it might be possible to download the completemanual from the TIS site. However, I didn't know if the manual wasavailable as a complete PDF or if they have it broken up into manydifferent PDFs making it difficult to download. Also, I'm trying tofind a set on ebay. I've found a 1992 set of manuals but I didn't knowwhat might be missing for my 1993 model. If anyone can give someinsight I'd appreciate it. Also if you have factory service manuals fora 1993 truck I'd be interested in purchasing them.Thanks, Russell Austin, TX

Reply to
vidkidruss

Last time I used TIS the manual was divided by section which could be d/l'ed. I didn't see it available as a whole. I guess that would be too easy.

Reply to
mnm

I downloaded several manuals for the $10 fee but the older manuals seem to be PDF'ed in smaller sections. It took time to download the different pages in the sections. I suggest that you note the engine number and transmission number so you don't download the models that aren't included in your truck.

It took quite a lot of time to merge the individual documents into their sections.

Reply to
Paul Blomberg

Paul> I downloaded several manuals for the $10 fee but the older Paul> manuals seem to be PDF'ed in smaller sections. It took time Paul> to download the different pages in the sections. I suggest Paul> that you note the engine number and transmission number so Paul> you don't download the models that aren't included in your Paul> truck.

Paul> It took quite a lot of time to merge the individual Paul> documents into their sections.

I've downloaded recently the full set for a RAV4 of year 2000. Took me 3-4 hours, many wiskies and a full hagis :-)) Indeed, the normal Toy PDF file is divided into 10 to 150 pieces, from 1 to 5 pages per PDF !! Yes, too easy if only one, so, I agree you don't want to miss the exact car model, here.

After that, merging in back everything into the usual Toy PDF is no big deal, see

Took me 1/2 hour(Linux).

I really don't believe that 5 hours of hassle + 10 USD for having the

*whole* manufacturer doc for your vehicle is such a bad deal. It's really worth it !
Reply to
Herve Regad-Pellagru