They never come back

Questions to problems are posted, and suggestions follow. It always stops there and nobody ever comes back and lets the community know, what the problem was, and how the fixed it in the end.

There are hundreds of questions regarding 4.0/6 engine noise (sounds like a diesel noise), and thousands of suggestions. It usually ends there. I have a very similar problem, but did not see a message posted by someone who actually cleared the problem in the end, and how they cleared it.

Wouldn't it be beneficial to the community, to come back and say, hey, I stopped my noise. My engine does not sound like a diesel anymore because I did the following.......successfully.

Reply to
Robert Goldpalm

twaldron

I agree.

I post lots of ideas for folks and do get a few more results than I see in here. Lots of folks will email me and we try other things until usually something is fixed. They can need several emails that aren't worth jamming the NG up with, but the results are usually mentioned, not always though.

It is nice to know what else was done and the results for everyone else's information too.

Mike

Robert Goldpalm wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

I know what you two mean.

After reading this, I did a google search on my address to make sure I wasn't guilty of this... but it turns out I have usually put down some sort of resolution. Goodie for me. ;-)

Unfortunately, though, probably most everyone that Mike and Twaldron are talking about won't ever change their ways, because they're likely not the type who check this NG on a regular basis, and won't see this thread anyway. Oh well.

Reply to
Bob

Yes, some people just drop in for advice and disappear, which is fine, but most of the stuff that affects a large percentage of us are brought up again and again, so at least we have a possible 'second chance' at posting a resolution. Some people who appear to be drop-ins are actually lurkers who have better restraint than some of us... (VBG)

Reply to
twaldron

I'm one of those lurkers that pops up occasionally. I would just like to say that I do appreciate all the learnings I have gleaned from you folks along the way in my old YJ and now in my TJ. I have seen some folks come back with resolutions, but I agree that if this would become a standard practice all would be better served. Cheers! Tomes

Reply to
Tomes

Lurk isn't quite accurate. STUDY is more like it. I read and reread the stuff from you regulars. I WISH I knew enough to say more and study less but I've only had the Jeep for a few years and had no idea this resource existed for the first of them. Greatest Jeep resource on the WWW. Thanks for being willing to share!

Reply to
EdC

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

travis did pass the time by typing:

Your lantern flickers slightly, brightens, then suddenly goes out!

Reply to
DougW

On Tue, 18 Nov 2003 17:09:19 -0600, "DougW" shared the following:

Hey, as long as my sword is glowing, I'm good to go. :-)

-- Travis

meek shall inherit the earth. After I'm finished with it.:wq!

Reply to
travis

Reply to
twaldron

twaldron did pass the time by typing:

The best text based game ever.

Reply to
DougW

Reply to
twaldron

Is that anything like, Q: Do you smoke?

A: Yes, but only after sex, but I'm trying to slow down.

Reply to
CRWLR

On Tue, 18 Nov 2003 17:28:39 -0600, "DougW" shared the following:

Actually I was talking about Zork...

was based off of Adventure, if I recall correctly, and I maynot. Whatever it was based off of was originally written on amainframe at MIT..uh...I think. :-) I was really into this stuffwhen I was about 14 or so...around 20 years ago. Hard to remember thedetails, but I still have flashbacks about a thief and a troll and awaterfall and...a delicate egg and...uh...you have to *move* the ruginstead of "get" the rug. VERBOSE! :-)

-- Travis

meek shall inherit the earth. After I'm finished with it.:wq!

Reply to
travis

Without a doubt.

Reply to
bllsht

Ok, you've guilted me into it! I'm Steve, and I'm a Lurker....

I got fed up with the two candles on the front on my 2000 Cherokee after a

300 mile night trip in the rain and asked for some help in finding headlights that actually work. When I came back the next day, I had several responses... from low bucks (~$50) to several hundred. I went cheap. The Sylvania Silverstars are amazing, compared to those miserable stock lights!

Sorry, I can't find my old post, or I'd put the response there. Thanks to all the guys that helped me out, but I really don't think I put a "results" post out there... Guess I need to go to my LA meeting now, eh?

Thanks guys! This is a great NG, with a lot of good people....

- Steve

Reply to
Stroyer

Reply to
twaldron

Will do. I bought them early November, and they've been good so far. The only problem I've had is that I think I got a bit overzealous in my headlight adjustments.... got em too low now (but it's still much better than before). I'm slowly tweaking them up to get them right again.

I've also got a 2002 Hyundai Elantra GT, and I have to say that, even with the new Silverstars on the Jeep, the stock Hyundai lights are still better... I've been impressed there... of course, now I'm out on the Hyudai NG looking for replacements there... got a fog light out... I really don't want to replace those with weak lights like those that came with the Jeep. I've already seen the dark side... don't want to go back. I might find something good there that could apply here...

- Steve

2000 Cherokee Classic
Reply to
Stroyer