tj exhaust manifolds

Hi Guys,

98 TJ 4.0, 70k miles, cracked exhaust manifold. No surprise there. So far its not a problem, no noise or other problems. No plans to fix it unless it becomes noisy. I've heard that Jeep redesigned the manifold with some bellows sections added in. My question is can somebody describe where they added the flex or point me to a photo of the redesigned part? What got me wondering was, I found a store online selling replacement manifolds. They have a bellows welded into the #1 and #6 tube. I was wondering if this was a clone of what Jeep did or is it some off the wall design. At
Reply to
NickT

Nick, I found one like you describe at AutoZone. I bought it and installed it. It was like $190. It's been a few months now and all is good.

It was all stainless except for the flange and the welds looked MUCH better than the original. (checked with a magnet, and visually)

As far as the redesign, I think the one with the two bellows is a copy of the jeep redesign.

Good luck with your decision.

Mark

Reply to
Mark Burns