TJ floppy mirror

MY 2000 TJ has developed "floppy mirror" syndrome. The passenger side outsid emirror turns down when I drive. I.e., the force of the wind pushes the mirror. It moves too easily and therefore gets "readjusted" every time I drive. Does anyone know how to tighten up the mirror's adjustments?

thanks for your help!

Reply to
paschall4

There is a bug nut on the bottom part where it attaches to the mount. Make sure that is tight. I dont recall what size socket it takes, sorry.

Reply to
jbjeep

I have a 95 Wrangler that has developed this, where exactly is the nut for this or can t be done on YJ?

Bruce

Reply to
Brewc53

...a bug nut...? :-)

Reply to
TJim

TJim did pass the time by typing:

Bugs have sex? :>

It's slang for a clamp used in heavy wiring.

Reply to
DougW

Did you ever smell moth balls??

Reply to
TJim

nope, can't bend down that low.

Chris

L.W.(ßill)

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

yea, it bugs me when it gets loose.

Reply to
jbjeep

Why do mice have small balls?

Not very many mice know how to dance.

Reply to
Joe

Approximately 9/29/03 18:22, Joe uttered for posterity:

Eggshually that is moths.

How does that explain why so many only have *one* and it must be cleaned regularly to function?

Reply to
Lon Stowell

What? I got the mouse joke. It even made me chuckle. :-D What does "How does that explain why so many only have *one* and it must be cleaned regularly to function?" mean? Am I missing something (I *hate* it when that happens...)? :-)

Reply to
TJim

Approximately 9/30/03 17:59, TJim uttered for posterity:

OK, so you really want us to believe you have *never* heard any of the "cleaning your mouse ball" jokes or heard any of the old IBM jokes about replacement mouse balls? >:-)

Reply to
Lon Stowell

the YJ has 2 screws on the botttom of the mirror near the pivot. Tighten them, it'll help some.

-- Old Crow '82 Shovelhead FLT 92" 'Pearl' '95 Jeep YJ Rio Grande ASE Certified Master Auto Tech + L1 TOMKAT, BS#133, SENS, MAMBM

Reply to
Old Crow

OK, duh! I think I'll go get another cup of coffee... I'm really not as dense as I sound sometimes... ;-)

Reply to
TJim

Not the mouse ball cleaning info but still funny:

One of my favorite IBM "ooops" was a poster they issued internally (yes, I worked at IBM) that said "put yourself in your customers shoes". The picture on the poster was a set of footprints and hand prints that could only be made if one was bending over. IBM went office to office and removed the posters (my co-worker had his in his desk so they didn't find it)...

Reply to
Joe

Reply to
twaldron

LOL! Years ago, I worked for FMC. I won't quote the whole thing, but we always said the M stood for More and the C stood for Customers. ;-)

Reply to
TJim