TO PING OR NOT TO PING?

Well then drop a gear or have pre-ignition detonation damage:

God Bless America, Bill O|||||||Omailto: snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

L.W. (Bill) Hughes III

damage:

God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O> mailto: snipped-for-privacy@aol.comhttp://www.billhughes.com/>

Thanks Dave. I don't think it's pinging either the more I listen and pay attention to the engine sounds, and from what everyone here has told me. I think it's just the 'normal' engine sounds from that particular type of engine. This is my first Wrangler (first Jeep product too for that matter), and I am still trying to adjust to all the different sounds/noises that she makes without freaking out over it first. Which is why I am writing in to this post before taking every little 'problem' to the dealer. Thanks everyone for all the helpful advice. : D

Reply to
Tracie
[snip]

I bought my first Jeep about 2 years ago, and the 4.0 makes such a racket I thought someone slipped a diesel under the hood ;-)

(clackity clack clackity clack clackity clack clackity clack...)

noneofyourbusiness

Know what you mean. It sounds like it is about to explode when it gets over

3000 rpm. Its quite a feat to construct an I6 and make it sound that rough. Fortunately, it pulls like a train, lasts forever and as it never seems to shake itself to bits, so it doesn't matter !

Dave Milne, Scotland

Reply to
Dave Milne

You said it. Especially when starting her up first thing in the morning with the defroster on. Holy cow does she roar! After a couple of minutes, all is fine again. : D

Reply to
Tracie