top two settings on ac fan not working

01 tj sport, the lower two fan speeds work but the top two dont, any ideas.
Reply to
oasisorbital

Apparently they have a whole mess of defective switches out there. You can 'just' buy the switch, you do not need the whole cluster, no matter what the sales desk drone tells you. Tell him to dig deeper.

There also have been reports of the new ones being dead in the box too.

Mike

Mike Romain

On my 01 and my gf's 00 TJ the knobs for the air conditioner broke, we had to jb weld them back on. They weren't strong enough.

Troy

Reply to
Troy

The lower three speeds of the fan on my 97XJ stopped working. Turned out to be a sensor block. Dealer had the part in stock. For the XJ it's located behind and below the glove box. Takes about 15 minutes to replace...once you know what you're looking for! :) The sensor's located at the bottom of the fan box, so it's prone to water and any debris that works it's way down there. The metal coils were completely rusted out.

G/L

eric

The big difference is the high speed. If the high speed isn't working, you don't have resistor pack issues because the pack isn't used for high.

If the low speeds are crapped out, it is usually the resistor pack.

Mike

Mike Romain