Trailmaster SSV's

My last shocks were Trailmaster SSV's. They have over 100K miles and are in need of replacement. I thought they were great shocks, but wanted to see what other options there are on a 4 1/2" lift. Does anyone run SSV's other than me? Any other options on shocks that may even be better. I don't want something too stiff.

Thanks, Curt

Reply to
curt

L.W.(ßill)

You will not enjoy the RS5000s, they are very stiff when installed on a Jeep. You better option with a Rancho is the 9000 or the RSX. I have the

9000s, but I leave them on the softest setting all the time. There are many other shocks that are cheaper and better than Ranchos. Let me say that another way, Rancho's are great shocks, but they are more than a CJ, YJ, TJ needs. You can get all sorts of fancy crap that lets you adjust them from inside the cabin, but if they are set to 1 all the time, why not get a shock that is already valved at the 1 setting, and save the difference in the cost that gives the adjustable feature? I won't be getting Ranchos again, I like them alot, but I do not use the expensive features that I paid good money for. I will save my money and get the DoestchTech DT3000, or maybe Bilsteins. These run about $30 apiece, the Rancho RS9000s run about $75 each. The Rancho 5000 is a comparable price of the DoestchTech DT3000, but its valving is set much stiffer.
Reply to
Jeff Strickland

Reply to
Jeff Strickland