Two Questions about 1997 Jeep Wrangler/ Cover & Stereo Upgrade ??

I just bought a 1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara, MINT. I have two questions:

  1. I would like a NICE quality top (cover) for this Jeep. Any recommendations ?? Yes, I have some Jeep magazines from which I can choose, but I would like some recommendations based on actual user-experience.

  1. I want to upgrade the radio system. It has front grill speakers, plus rollbar speakers. I would like to start by upgrading the speakers, and then later put in an aftermarket radio deck. I might later spring for an amp. I don't want a super-powered system, just something that sounds real nice. I listen to jazz, new age, some country, and other types , but not rap or hard rock. I also have a 2000 Grand Cherokee with the stock radio but Infinity line speaker option and it sounds great !! I would like for my 1997 Wrangler to sound at least as good, hopefully at least a bit better.

Can I hear from some of you guys that have upgraded your Wrangler stereos, and what you have and liked ??

Thanks !!!!!!!!

--James--

Reply to
James

James:

The Bestop Sailcloth Top is the best. Bestop makes the factory tops.

Tom

Reply to
mabar

I have a cab cover from besttop (I ordered from Quadratec) it keeps the seats dry (and also my rear).

Craig

2001 Wrangler

James wrote:

Reply to
doorman

I am a little confused as to whether the original poster wants a cover, as in "Trail Cover" or a top. He used both terms to describe the same thing.

I don't think that the Wrangler stereo is ever going to sound as good as the GC, because the GC has more body insulation and soundproofing. My opinion, of course, but all the more valuable because of that.

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

Quality replacement speakers would make an improvement but there is still the problem of that '48 Peterbilt in the lane next to you.

I took it to mean a replacement top (not a car cover) but then what do I know?

Reply to
billy ray

Thanks for the input guys......

Yes, I am talking about a car COVER , not a soft-top. I want to cover the entire Jeep when I am not driving it.

BTW, my original post did refer to a cover. A soft-top does not cover the car, (except that perhaps one could say that it "covers" the top 1/2 of the car. )

--James--

Reply to
James

The post said, "I would like a NICE quality top (cover) for this Jeep."

The gray one from 4wd.com works great.

As you can see from the picture, they make it in spice now too. After about eight years of all-summer use (I am retired, have been for ten years, chew on that a bit.) it is only now starting to show some wear around the edges and grommet areas.

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

Thanks Earle, but I am looking for a cover to cover the entire vehicle.

I am sure I will find one.

--james--

Reply to
James

This is the one I've had for two years. Covers the door holes and goes over steps.

luv it!

Seahag

Reply to
Seahag