Used '97 TJ 4.0 l.

I'm about to buy a used TJ 4.0 l. manufactured in 97 with 50.000 miles. What are the known weaknesses I should pay a special attention ?

Thank you and best regards,

Deho

Reply to
Deho

Just watch out for telephone poles. Everything else will be fine.

Reply to
Mark12211

Reply to
David C. Moller

Check under it for an oil leak. If you see one, open the hood and check the sides of the engine block. If they are wet, scream and demand a lower price immediately. Then go put in a new valve cover and snicker that the original owner didn't know that it WASN'T the rear main seal. In other words, if you see oil along the rear of the engine, the most common cause is a leaking valve cover.

Approximately 9/20/03 10:03, David C. Moller uttered for posterity:

Reply to
""L0n.$towell"