Waking up at 4 a.m.

Can't sleep - tossed and turned, dreamed Jeep all night, I Looked at Jeeps, shopped for Jeeps, drove Jeeps, bought three or four in my dreams...

argggggghhhhhhhhhh

IS IT HERE YET?

This is insane.

Kate

Reply to
Kate

Kate:

I feel your excitement!

Photos from all angles as soon as possible.

Have fun!

Tom

Reply to
mabar

MUHAHAHAHA!!! White knuckles and everything? Aw Jeez, you've got it bad.

My 4th visit to the Stealership was interesting. I told Lawrence the Salesguy, "Okay, I'm sold. I've driven it 4 times now, put 160 miles on it, slept on it for 2 friggin' weeks, even drove it up and down a few muddy/rocky mountainsides and dirtied it up good for ya, and I sitll want to buy the thing. I'll be back next Friday to pick it up."

He blinked twice and said, "Take it home right now."

Puzzled, I said, "I didn't bring my checkbook."

He smiled and said, "Your FICO score is 815 --Chrysler Financial said you're good for it."

It was only then that I felt what YOU must now be feeling. But in my case, he tossed me the keys right there and then. Nice feeling when someone offers up respect to a customer like that. I told him I would bring the down payment back with me the next day. "No big deal JD" he says; "Have fun!"

I returned that respect the next morning after a trip to the bank. His eyes got big as we both counted out $18,000 dollars in cash and he filled out the receipt. He even gave me his business card, complete with his home phone number on the back just in case I had problems. I told him I wouild be back in 50 years when the TJL was ready for a replacement. We laughed, shook hands, and I was gone. Some salesguys are pretty cool. No hassles, no bullshit and no dinking around with the money --just the way I like doing business.

Hang in there Kate: your destiny awaits! And yes, we simply MUST have pictures!

-JD

Reply to
JD Adams

$18,000 in cash???

Reply to
mabar

I could do that too, but I don't like to brag about it.

Earle

***
Reply to
Earle Horton

heh... First new car (truck) I bought right out of high school. No stinkin fico. Went to the chebby stealer on my '74 kawisaki z1 and 'negotiated' a deal for ~12k (70's $$$) Asked him what he'd give me in trade for the bike. He knocked 600 off the price but only wrote it up for 100 trade in. Deal. I told them I didn't have much cash on me so they said no prob, mail the down to them later. I said cool... here's a 100 for the bike. They helped me load the bike in the truck, and off I went...

Earle Hort> I could do that too, but I don't like to brag about it.

Reply to
Clay

Sorta when you were a kid and it was christmas eve you may not remember but you never forget.

Coasty

Reply to
Coasty

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

I can relate to that for my wife it was a shooting jacket. Coasty

Reply to
Coasty

Yeah, $18k in 20's, which ended up being about 9-inches of money. Wamu wanted $5 bucks to cut a Cashier's check, and I don't pay others to spend my own damn money. Personal checks are bullshit. I have seen them bounce without a reason, and I wasn't about to leave this guy holding the bag. Money is money, period. $100's would have been easier, but banks don't seem to keep much cash on hand these days --it seems that most people have forgotten what the damn stuff is.

$18k is no big deal. The biggest cash deal I've ever done was $172,500 back in the 70's when I bought some investment property. That took 6 hours and 3 pots of hot coffee to count.

-JD

Reply to
JD Adams

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

A Red Ryder 200 shot carbine action BB gun with a compass in the stock? _____________________________________________________________________

2003 TJ Rubicon * 2001 XJ Sport * 1971 Bill Stroppe Baja Bronco

"There is a very fine line between 'hobby' and 'mental illness'."

Pronunciation: 'jEp Function: noun Date: 1940

Etymology: from g. p. (G= 'Government' P= '80 inch wheelbase') A small general-purpose motor vehicle with 80" wheelbase, 1/4-ton capacity and four-wheel drive used by the U.S. army in World War II. _____________________________________________________________________

L.W.(ßill) Hughes III wrote:

Reply to
twaldron

I double dog dare ya!

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

Reply to
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

That gun was waay after bill's time. I'm guessing Bill pined for a muzzleloader.

Carl

Reply to
Carl

Therapy?