Towing

I have a 95 Jeep Cherokee (Commander) with the Rease hitch. Considering using it to haul a John Deere tractor (1700lbs) with a front end loader(200lbs) and a backhoe attachment (500lbs). If I can use this vehicle to tow with (has trany cooler), what type of utility trailer do I need to haul it with?

Reply to
KDw

L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

lol

...now that was funny.

Spdloader

Reply to
Spdloader

Personally, I'd go with a 4-wheel flat bed, min. capacity 4000#. And make sure the trailer brakes work.

Reply to
Pumper Hinkle

Double check your owners manual, but I believe your max tow capacity is

2000#. You told us about 2400#'s in tractor, plus the weight of a trailor. So you are going to be way over that max limit. With that much weight you would be much better off with a full sized truck of some kind.

Reply to
Rusted

No need for a huge truck.

2005+ V6 Toyota Tacomas are rated @ 6500 right off the lot with the Toyota tow package. Even a Honda Ridgeline is rated for 5000.
Reply to
B A R R Y

But the guy doesn't have either one of those...

Reply to
Kate

You're kidding!

Reply to
B A R R Y

The XJ tow capacity is 5000 pounds according to the owners manual.

Reply to
billy ray

: > But the guy doesn't have either one of those... : >

: : You're kidding! : :

No! Seriously!

Reply to
Kate

Where is Bills pic of the GC pulling an H2 on a trailer when you need it most?

: >> But the guy doesn't have either one of those... : >>

: >

: > You're kidding! : >

: >

: >

: :

Reply to
Kate

You need to talk to a trailer sales person. U-Haul has a two axle car hauler with electric brakes that would probably work. Without investing much, you could rent one locally for a day and see how it performs.

Earle

***
Reply to
Earle Horton

If you have a cooler on the automatic, it is rated for 5000 lb tow in my owners manual.

Mike

Mike Romain

Here... picture #69

billy ray

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

You are quoting 2400 pounds of tractor. this will run nicely on any of the tandom axle car hualer trailers. Brings your total load up to around

4000 pounds. Single axle trailers will be too small, they typically run 2950 pound gross weight so they can be run without brakes, and you gotta have brakes! My local has new tandom trailers for around $1500 or so, quite reasonable.

Earl suggested rent> I have a 95 Jeep Cherokee (Commander) with the Rease hitch. Considering using

Reply to
RoyJ

Of course not!

Since you're dunk or silly, how's that Yukon compare to your old K-Whopper?

Reply to
B A R R Y

Reply to
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

Half of which are made in Mexico.

Ford Crown Vics are real American cars, right? Final assembly in Canada.

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo