Warn winch?

Looking in paper for a winch, would like the warn 8274, one guy has listed a warn 8247, is there such a thing or is it a misprint and it's an 8274?

Reply to
Greg

L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

That thing is full of old ford starter relays!

Reply to
Billy Ray

I was told that the 8274 is one of the best work horses that Warn has put out...mainly for the fact that they are rebuildable...it's what most of the one ton guys are running...as a matter of fact BillaVista is/was one of our local guys...

Jeff

Reply to
4X4PLAY

I already know this is the winch I want, best winch out there, 150' of cable and 73' per min. line travel, I've been out with 10 guys all but a couple of them with this one, and you sure see the difference on the trail. All I wanted to know is if anyone knew if there was such a thing as 8247, or was he missprinting it, but I called and it is the 8274, so told him I would take it.

Reply to
Greg

Warn's 8274 is Warn's sole worm-gear driven top-of-the-line winch and is well known as being their very best (and most expensive in that weight class) winch. It's also their fastest winch and has an exterior brake design so the hub doesn't get hot enough to cause damage to synthetic rope as could (under under unusual circumstances of using the brake to lower a vehicle down a hill) with a standard winch. If he has it listed for a reasonable price, I'd jump on it. It does take a different mounting base than any of the other Warn winches though.

That particular winch is a jewel and highly desireable. You can bet the

8247 th> Looking in paper for a winch, would like the warn 8274, one guy has listed
Reply to
Jerry Bransford

Thanks, He also said he had the mounting plate for it that I could have, said winch and cable are in perfect condition, he's an older man, so I beleive what he says, it's in a different town so I wont acually see it till next week, but I also haven't paid for it either, anyway it's $500.00 Canadian, new is $1600.00 Canadian plus tax and mounting, so I can do a fair bit of repairs for 1100 bucks if needed, but from his description it sounds new like.

Reply to
Greg