Oil capacity of warn winch?

Bought a used warn winch, clutch release knob was seezed on it, took winch apart to unseeze, ended up breaking knob off, anyway got a new one, and was putting it back together, ( first Xmas eav by myself, bored ) anyway when I took it apart it only had about 1/4 cup of oil in it, so when putting it back together I started to fill it up a bit and thought maybe since it is a sealed unit it is only supposed to have a little in it and the gear picks it up and flings it around. So does anyone know what the oil capacity is? 8274 if it matters. Greg

Reply to
Greg

L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

I filled it to about 1/2 way up the lower big gear, I guess it's not in constant use like a rear end or tranny, may call warn in the new year like you suggested, when I called about the broken handle it was the easiest most usefull company I have ever talked to, also when I emailed Superior Axle and Warn about front cromolly axles warn replied in a day, been 3 months and haven't heard from superior. So Warn gets my vote for a company.

Reply to
Greg

See page 4:

6 oz SAE 30 non detergent