weber carb questions on a 86 cj7

I have a 86 cj7 with all the emissions removed and I am installing a k551 weber carb on it. where do I connect the electric choke to? the installation instructions are not to clear it just says to hook it to the electric choke wire. the manual says it has a reusable air cleaner it looks to me like a k&n is anyone oiling these like a k&n? also when I was installing the carb I cracked the bottom adapter plate when tightening the bolts. the place I bought the carb from said they sell the adapter plate as a kit with the gaskets and bolts for $37. does any one know of an aftermarket adapter plate that is made better than the cheap one Weber gives you? carmine

Reply to
Jet

Yes. it's a K&N and we oiled ours. Choke connects to the same wire the original choke connected to. I also think you can get a kit with a manual choke also. Next time use a torque wrench not a 4 ft breaker bar... :-) The cost of knowledge, in your case $37 bucks :-) plus shipping....

"Jet" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com:

Reply to
Rich Pierson