Weber or Motorcraft for 258

I'm finally replacing my Carter BBD. Everything I've read from people doing a Motorcraft 2100 swap say the same thing as the people who've gone with Weber.

Both camps say theirs is better than the other.

Any opinions?

Reply to
Steve Foley

L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Any company that sells fuel system parts that aren't alcohol proof should be horsewipped. Alcohol, right or wrong, is here to stay.

Reply to
calcerise

You can't beat the 2100 for cost. Got mine at the local junk yard for $15, and didn't even need a kit for it. Heck, the adapter cost almost as much as the carb. Fired right up, with very little tinkering. One thing to note, as you've no doubt seen from the write-ups on the web. Make sure you get the one with the smallest bore (1.08 I believe), as this will most closely match the 258.

Reply to
Tim Watkins

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

I just put a new weber on my 89 YJ. Works great,but seems to be running a little rich. I'll need to tinker with it a bit, got the bogs to go away with some tuning, but am completely satisfied. I'll be ordering the jet kit for it soon, but all the jets are easily accessable. Right in front of your face. I'd buy another one if I had a choice. The jeep has never run better. If you do replace it, you'll want to consult this website and othere.....

'll also want to perform the "Nutter Bypass"I don't have the link for it, don't know why I didn't save it. But I dohave the page downloaded. There are others who have supplied the linkbefore......BILL OR MIKE?

Reply to
Robb S via CarKB.com

I have the 2100 (Autolite) but not on a 258. It sits on top of the original 302 in my Bronco and has been there since June of 1971. I think, if nothing else, it's a testament to the build quality of the carb.

Reply to
thomas