What is supposed to be in the box?

What is supposed to be in the box of an OME SD40 steering dampener?

All I got was the SD40, a pack of bolts for the right side connection, and a sticker. Shouldn't it have a boot and a pack of bolts for the tapered pin? It came without a castle nut and cotter pin.

Do they expect me to use the old nuts and bolts?

The entire package contents:

bolt package contents:

Scott in Baltimore

I really hate to sound like total a B**ch, but WHY don't you ask THEM or the people you bought it from???? Fer cryin out loud... unless someone works here, how would they know for sure?

Google it or something.

Kate

Kate

I opened up the boxes containg R+P sets and master install kits from Superior Gear Sat morning, no spec or instruction sheets of any kind provided, and no useful info on their website. Assclowns may have saved 20 cents, but i wont buy their products again.

Reply to
Stupendous Man

When companies do this sort of crap, you guys need to let them know, loud and clear. Is the stuff made in the states, or does it come from overseas like everything else these days?

Kate

Reply to
Kate

It's US made (although I don't know where Timken makes their bearings these days), or I wouldn't have bought it in the first place. I sent them an email. They have an automatic response.that informs me that they won't be in the office until the 12th. I'm glad that their competition has specs on their website, so i got the diffs setup this weekend.

Reply to
Stupendous Man

Now see.. THAT is what you should have told them.

So.... whatta ya think now that you have them done?

Reply to
Kate

That's what i did tell them. I also told them i would be buying my next stuff from the competitor. Although i have a lotof experience with Hewland racing transaxles and plenty of european stuff, and built my Dana 27, at leat the backlash specs would have helped.

I set them up as 4:88 gears with Aussie lockers, but it'sgoing to be a month or so before the vehicle is ready to run.. I have to get the wieght on it before I can set the front caster and pinion angles, so that diff isnt done yet, and the frame is bare.

Reply to
Stupendous Man

For all except Kate, who must have replaced a lot of these to be able to do it in her sleep, I got a reply from OME:

It appears you have all the required components. We do reuse the factory hardware on one side as it is very high quality and our damper is engineered to work with it. Use the supplied tapered hardware for the opposite side.

As for a boot, all OME dampers and shocks use the steel sleeve over the shaft to protect it. It is MUCH more durable than a boot and does not trap dirt and grime as a boot will.

Best Regards,

Marc Bowers Tech Supervisor Air Locker, Inc.

425-264-1391 720 SW 34th St. Renton, WA 98055 snipped-for-privacy@arbusa.com
Reply to
Scott in Baltimore