Whoa! $254 For CPS on '93 JGC?

Thinking I should have the Crankcase Position Sensor changed on my '93 JGC Limited V-8, I went to the Jeep dealer yesterday for a quote. It was $254!! The CPS alone was $126. The rest was labor and $10 shop supplies. Is that what I am looking at for some preventative maintenance? What about independent shop? I can't do it myself.

Dick

Reply to
Dick

Labor on changing that particular sensor is a little higher than most people would expect because it's not exactly easily changed out. It's in a fairly inaccessable area that makes it an adventure, not just a job. ;)

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Bransford

That actually sounds about right. Mine was quoted at nearly that much, on a 98 TJ. The part was about the same amount too.

Reply to
jbjeep

Well, if you were to slide under my '96 Cherokee Sport, drivers side, you could see the sensor (cost $110 cdn). I suppose to save a buck or two, you might take a look for yourself, then maybe have your favorite least bit handy teenage neighbor/relative install it for maybe a two four ... say 15 minutes work. But ... I recently had a failed fuel pump replaced ... and the new pump failed within a week, in which case I was mighty happy to have the shop replace the failed unit at no cost, or dickering or dealing, to me. And in ypour case the CPS is purely preventive, maybe just pick up the sensor and carry it with you ... just in case.

Reply to
bowgus