Why does my heater not heat? 2000 Wrangler...

Hi again, folks. After getting back from the shop yesterday where they refilled my freon so that my a/c blows cold, at least for now, I found that on hot setting, it just blows warm air.

So, first my a/c stops blowing cold and now the heat stops blowing hot. lol

Any idea what might make it stop heating the air?? Might it be the selector? I plan on repplacing that anyway, as stated in another post, since I am missing two fan speeds anyway.

Reply to
E. Jason Brooks

E. Jason Brooks did pass the time by typing:

When you had it on hot was the A/C lamp off or on? The blend door is what controls temperature.

Reply to
DougW

It's always on.

Reply to
E. Jason Brooks

What 2 fan speeds are you missing? If the low ones, then likely all you need is a resistor pack. $150.00 for installing that is robbery. The switch is likely ok.

If you need a fan switch, another gent just bought one here in Canada for $7.00 for his TJ, check the thread 'update on my heater problem'.

Not blowing hot is either a knocked off control or low fluid in the rad.

I would suspect control.

Mike

"E. Jas>

Reply to
Mike Romain

It's the middle two speeds. It seems to be the contact points behind the switch knob, because if you play with the dial a little bit, you can get the speeds working but if you let go of the knob, the fan turns to low. The problem is low is too low and high is too high. hehe

I called Discount Auto Parts and they gave me a part number and told me they had the right part at one of their stores pretty far away from me. I go to get it to find that they gave me the wrong part altogether.

By looking at this diagram that good ol' Bill Hughes provided, do I need that whole piece, face, dials and all? or do I get the pieces that attach to the back of that face? Any idea?

Reply to
E. Jason Brooks

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

It is just a 2"x1" switch that bolts onto the back of the face panel. Part #2 in Bill's pdf.

Mike

"E. Jas>

Reply to
Mike Romain

Not when he can push on the switch and make it work Bill. When the resistor is popped it is popped.

Mike

"L.W.(ßill) Hughes III" wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain