Willys F-head choke question

How are you supposed to hook up the choke to one of these? My 49 pickup has one of these F-heads. I think that it may not be the origonal motor but am not sure. Also, the carb has been changed numerous times.

For all the carbs that I have had on her it is always the same story, to *CLOSE* the choke I push in the button, to *OPEN* the choke I pull the button out. Is there something wrong with the replacement carb, or was this set up wierd from the get-go?

If anyone knows if the F-head was standard in the /

Reply to
John Welch

Most choke plate rods have a slotted end that the lever screws onto. If the lever is on the top, then the choke could be a pull off type. If you flip the lever to the bottom, then the choke will work opposite.

I can do either easily on my Carter BBD. I have it set as a pull on, but easily could make it a pull off.

I can also change the pull by running the cable either to the front or rear side of the carb rather than flipping the lever.

Mike

John Welch wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain