windshield wipers on my Grand Wagon

I turned the windshield wipers on in my '88 Grand Wagon Saturday and they failed to work. You can hear the motor run but the wipers don't move. If you hand move them, they turn freely like they aren't connecting to the motor anymore. I haven't had time to get under there, I plan on it tomorrow. Has anyone troubleshot a problem like this that can offer up some insight on the best way to go about this?

Reply to
Mark Corbelli

Off the top of my noggin.

The wiper arms are connected by a cross-arm and sometimes the connection to the motor can fall off (on my old truck it was held on by a metal clip that rusted off. If it's directly connected then your probably looking at a stripped gear inside the motor.

Good luck.

Reply to
DougW

Reply to
Jeep America #1

Reply to
RoyJ

What the heck business is it of yours, what vintage car he drives ?? Who appointed you to tell him that his car has no value, or is too old ?

Do you advise your family and friends this way , the same way that you advise a stranger on the internet ???

------------------------------

Driving around an old 88 model jeep dontcha think that its ready for the antique shop yet not that theres anything wrong with driving an old beater but people kind of snicker when you hold on too long to something thats not worth that much

Reply to
James

well he posted it to the internet so its pretty much everybodys business and unless hes changed everything out an 88 jeep is probably a beater ready for a demolition derby

d>What the heck business is it of yours, what vintage car he drives ?? Who

Reply to
Jeep America #1

It's actually in beautiful condition, I use it 3-4 times per year surf fishing in Hatteras and again in the winter during hunting season. This is a true MAN car!

Reply to
Mark Corbelli

Thanks. I paln on getting in there for a look today...

Reply to
Mark Corbelli

It turns out there is a push on clip that hold the linkage arm to the motor arm up under the dashboard. The arm was hanging down and the clip was on the floorboard. The clip looks worn and bent, so I went to NAPA to try to find something similar. There was some interior parts that looked like they might work, but I ended up re-using the broken clip. It works for now but the first time it rains I'll be crossing my fingers.

Reply to
Mark Corbelli

You'd better get a better one before you spill out much more of its contents.

Billieboi said he would destroy RAMJ+W 'if necessary' and he almost succeeded.

You wanna try the same. Lt. Calley?

Leave these people alone. Things have been fairly normal. Leave it that way.

Reply to
Pink of Freud

'79 Wagoneer drive to work everyday. About 5 miles.

Great truck, and not afraid of plastic cars either.

Someday I will move on, but this truck just keeps going. Odometer is at 1298 now.

Reply to
W????n S.