Windshield Wipers stuck in the middle of the windshield

Hello All

I have a 1996 4.0 and I have just started experiencing a problem with the windshield wipers. They work, however when you turn them off they stop to rest in the middle of the windshield. It's very annoying and looks ridiculous. Before I spring for a new motor, I thought someone here had a similar problem and can share some possible solutions. Thank you in advance for any advise you can give.

Reply to
Alex Mak

This Alex Mak anon leet fle a fart, As greet as it had been a thonder-dent, That with the strook he was almoost yblent. and said....

The self-park isn't working. Check that all connections to the wiper motor are sound first. There should be a permanent live there to park the wipers after you switch them off. Sorry, can't say what colour. If you have permanent live to the motor, then the motor itself is faulty. An expert will be along any minute now to say whether you need a new motor, or if there is a simpler/cheaper solution.

Reply to
Richard Brookman

I guess he has a Discovery or RR but the solution on the 110 was just a switch (about 8 quid IIRC), in fact the same thing happened on my current 89 110 V8 but I just park them with the single wipe function and it continues to pass MOTs, one last week with the new computer system and no problems about dual purpose and class 4!

AJH

Reply to
AJH

On or around Tue, 11 Apr 2006 03:52:51 GMT, "Alex Mak" enlightened us thusly:

the disco here has suddenly started doing that. It looks like the self-park switch has gone iffy. I think the official version is that the switch can't be replaced other than by replacing the motor. I've yet to look into it.

Reply to
Austin Shackles