YJ 88 4.2 engine - engine stalling when half warm

Hi all

I would need some advice on the following problem, please.

I live in Canada, eastern Ontario. My Jeep will start well, in cold temp. But it will stall when it is half warn when I release the gas pedal. Once very warm, it is OK

Any one had this problem before?

Thanks

Marc

Reply to
M. Paradis

Yup, lots of folks I know and myself had the same problem.

I got real tired of having to three foot drive the thing until it warmed up or letting it sit for 15 minutes in the driveway, so went and bought a manual choke kit from CT. I bought the truck kit, it fits better than the light duty one.

The problem is the stock choke is only a timer release according to how long it has seen 12 volts. It had no bearing on how warmed up the engine is and opens up way too fast in the real cold.

Mike

"M. Paradis" wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

Hadn't heard about this problem... is it also common on a '92 YJ 4.0? I'm looking at buying one, and I live in SW Ontario.

Thanks.

Adam

Reply to
Adam

No, you have fuel injection on that engine.

It is the carb 4.2 engines that have the timer choke.

It probably works just fine for where ever they figured that heater blower motor would work. In the tropics only....

Mike

Adam wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain