2000.5 Tahoe engine stalling.

Hi all;

We have a 2000.5 Tahoe with the 5.3L engine. Some times as the truck is warming up, the engine will stall as we come to a stop. It only stalls when it is warm. If the engine is cold or at normal op. temp. it runs without a problem.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Craig R. Bowers snipped-for-privacy@craignet.com Rosamond, CA

Craig R. Bowers

bobo

Bobo;

Most of the time when it dies it will start right up again. Some times it will die is 5-10 seconds.

"has a reflash been looked into???" I'm not sure just what you mean

Thanks.

Craig R. Bowers snipped-for-privacy@craignet.com Rosamond, CA

stalling...

Reply to
Craig R. Bowers

sorry, a reflash is something done mostly at a dealer, some indys have the equipment, but it's expensive... there are software updates, just like your puter, that are created to help a condition , or problem with something on the truck.. Idle instability is something that comes to mind for your vehicle, but I kinda need the vin to type it in and see if there is one available.. There is a site from gm to check this yourself,maybe someone here can post the link.... any chance you have access to a scan tool to monitor the trim values while it's warming up??

Reply to
news.adelphia.net

here's two to check out.

Good Luck.