YJ center console question

I have a '87 Wrangler that didn't come with a center console and I'm wanting to pick one up in a parts yard.

I guess in the early 90's they changed styles on the YJ console. Does anyone know if the 92-95 YJ console will fit the body tub of an early YJ? Is there anything I need to watch out for besides possibly drilling new mounting holes in my tub? (Stuff like hitting the shifter, clearing the seats, etc.)

Thanks,

Ryan

Reply to
Ryan

L.W.(ßill)

Reply to
twaldron

Bill, cmon...we know about the 'real jeep".. But most people don't have a real jeep like yours and need something 'REAL'. Like an affordable solution or a "REAL" answer. I don't disgagree with you but it's time to start giving "REAL" advice. Nick

Reply to
Nick N

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

In news: snipped-for-privacy@cox.net, L.W. (ßill) Hughes III from was injured because:

| So... I'm waiting for your real advice. | God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O | mailto: snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

| | Nick N wrote: || || Bill, cmon...we know about the 'real jeep".. But most people || don't have a real jeep like yours and need something 'REAL'. || Like an affordable solution or a "REAL" answer. I don't || disgagree with you but it's time to start giving "REAL" || advice. || Nick

You must have a picture of real advice somewhere...

Reply to
Joseph P

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Bill, How did we get from center console to a dash panel?????????????????????????????/

Reply to
Tim Vice

In news: snipped-for-privacy@cox.net, L.W. (ßill) Hughes III from was injured because:

| | Joseph P wrote: || || You must have a picture of real advice somewhere... || || -- || -- || Joe Pribe || NC || || Pull my finger to reply by email. || || jpribe 'at' nc.rr.com || jegp 'at' hotmail.com || || I Love My O|||||||O

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...ouch...

Reply to
Joseph P

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Reply to
Roy J

Cute. No, I've got a '87 YJ with 33" All Terrains, Rhino lining, and a couple inches of lift. It's got the motor from a '96 ZJ and a '95 AX15 tranny. It's not much, but it's what I could afford and I've done it all myself. And I enjoyed every minute of it.

Anyway... I was looking for the newer YJ consoles because it looks more

*functional* since it has the cup holders in front of the lid
instead of in the back ON TOP of it.

And for what it's worth - I agree about the dash. If I had the time (and money) I'd love to swap that faded plastic abomination with a nice metal CJ dash. But, that's another day and another dollar...

Ryan VanMiddlesworth

L.W.(ßill) Hughes III wrote:

Reply to
Ryan