You CA Jeepers and residents be careful.

Those wildfires are unbelievable!

take care!

Reply to
twaldron

Quite believable. Back when the WTC disaster occured, we were 4 days into the "Darby" fire here, and I had been told to evac 3 times. It was crazy. The fire got within a mile of the "Old Gulch" burn path here, threatened from both sides in 9 years with major forest fires.

My Mom can see flames from her home in University City (San Diego), and my brother's inlaws have evacuated from their home in Dehesa Canyon. Dad reports a 1/2 inch of ash in his yard near Kearney Mesa.

Reply to
Paul Calman

This was taken from my deck last night. Kevin H. Escondido, CA

Reply to
Kevin in San Diego

On Mon, 27 Oct 2003 13:27:35 -0800, "Kevin in San Diego" shared the following:

Wow. Beautiful, but scary. Like my wife during a certain time of the month. *cough* ;-) Be careful, dude.

-- Travis

meek shall inherit the earth. After I'm finished with it.:wq!

Reply to
travis

Reply to
twaldron

It is thick out there. It is eclipse like. My Jeep is under a 1/4" of ash. Im sure we will be fine. KH

Reply to
Kevin in San Diego

Kevin in San Diego did pass the time by typing:

ooo..

Have you seen the noaa site radar. It shows the smoke plumes.

DougW

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Look at this picture...

hopefully they are going to hook up to that trailer before they leave!!!

Reply to
aGraham

Eek!! That would make me pretty nervous... 8^o

Reply to
TJim

TJim did pass the time by typing:

No kidding. But with my sense of humor I'd be opening up a smore stand and handing out little sticks with marshmallows to the firemen.

Did that once when a fire was heading towards my workplace. Brought in a big bag of marshmallows and a bundle of bamboo sticks. Some folks thought it was funny, others thought I should be committed. But by the end of the day every marshmallow was gone.

Did you know it's possible to roast a marshmallow on a ceramic heater? :)

Reply to
DougW

Beautiful shot Kevin. Hope things settle out down there soon.

Reply to
jbjeep

Heck, you can roast one on a bbq, or in a pinch, the burner on your stove. Just dont let it fall off the skewer! =)

Reply to
jbjeep

My brother send an email today, it looks pretty weird there. A local town firetruck, as well as Forestry crews are either there or still in transit.

We used to love it after a small fire near Miramar cleared the ground, so we could make a new motocross track, but this is a whole different thing.

I expect many problems will occur related to wildlife fleeing, Kevin, check your yard for rattlesnakes before you let the kids out! Good luck.

Ramona and SD Country estates, 10 in Tierrasanta, That whole area has been evaced. Also all of Crest and Dehesa, Harbinson Canyon is burned to the ground. A huge area in Valley Center, Rincon, An area of Descanso and Alpine. I was just at Ed's an Hour ago, I think it is safe now but we could see flames last night. I talked to a Fox Network news chickee on Dehesa Rd. and she told me that they had started a back burn right by Singing Hills and it was almost burned through to the Main fire. Dehesa Rd is closed about a block east of Ed's. Willow Glen, Cottonwood, Jamacha were all being evaced too. Also the 94 is cut over by Otay lakes rd and they Evaced towards Campo. I think it has burned as far as Potrero.

This is the craziest thing I have ever seen. The stores can't get food because the 8, 94, and 15 are closed. 52 is burned and Santee and Lakeside are threatened. The entire Mission Trails park is a cinder and It is threatening Mission Gorge Rd. Navaho area too. Also, a good part of Barona, Eucalyptus Hills, Morena Area burned Early Yesterday. There are 12 confirmed dead plus another "couple dozen" investigations. There are trucks down here from Freemont and Sacramento. We are ok though but the ash is 2 inches deep on the driveway. I don't think we are threatened at all but the whole city is completely shut down. No school, no work, I hope this isn't vacation pay.I was told not to go to work by my boss.

- Paul Calman, Hathaway Pines, California

Reply to
Paul Calman

Good point. I saw a news clip of a rattler winding through some ashes. Thanks KH

Reply to
Kevin in San Diego