You're not going to believe this, but

I dropped the passenger side lower control arm out to replace the bushings and the forward bushing fell out ...

shell and all!!!

Guess where most of my death wobble was probably coming from ...

The last person ( I refuse to call them a "mechanic") to work on the bushings didn't make sure they were pressed in far enough and the one that fell out had pressing marks not even past the edge of the shoulder or the radius at the rubber insert more that 1/8".

The arm was partially collapsed like they didn't use a spacer to hold the control arm shape

So, tomorrow I'm going to double check my work before I take it out on the road and make sure i have 1/8" + sticking oput past the rataining surface.

Reply to
Budd Cochran

Nothing is as simple as you plan.... Hope you have a decent junk yard down there. So far, I've lucked out - there are at least 4 old MJs in the local yards. I even found a door with good glass and working wing windows when that tree ate my drivers side door.

Reply to
Will Honea

Nothing is as simple as you plan.... Hope you have a decent junk yard down there. So far, I've lucked out - there are at least 4 old MJs in the local yards. I even found a door with good glass and working wing windows when that tree ate my drivers side door.

Reply to
Will Honea

After you "massage" the control arm back into shape and get the shell in there you might want to throw a couple of spotwelds on it before stuffing the bushing in.

Reply to
DougW

He's paying for the gas but with three in the house now the expenses are just a bit higher.

The old adage that 2 can live as cheaply as 1 implies that three should turn a profit ...

They lied.

Reply to
Budd Cochran

Yeah, but you should see what a bungee daughter can cost!!

(Sons are born with umbilical cords, daughters come with bungee cords....)

Reply to
Will Honea

Uh, oh ... I have a son with a rare mutation then . . . .

Reply to
Budd Cochran