740 front bushings - to replace all, or some?

I bought a set of bushings for my front end and so far so good. I pulled the radius arms off and will bring them to the shop tomorrow to press out the old bushings and in with the new. I also will swap out the radius rod bushings closest to the hub. These are a piece of cake.

The tough nut (literally) I am dealing with is the control arm bushing. The end under the shock was easy, but the opposite end with the bushing is a BEAR. I already broke one socket using my foot trying to force it off. I can't get an impact wrench in there and my next attempt will be a heavy duty spanner wrench.

Just to be sure, with 200,000 miles, is it safe to think this bushing is worn, or should I just not bother now?

Thanks, Jamie

Reply to
Jamie

I bought a propane torch today. What's the best way to get the nut off using heat?

Jamie wrote:

Reply to
Jamie

zencraps

Jamie

Do the anti-sway bar bushings affect steering? They are cracked, but don't seem split. I am trying to tighten the front end and didn't know if you can feel play or vibrations of these are loose.

Jamie wrote:

Reply to
Jamie

OK, the car is back together. My efforts to remove the rear control arm were useless. I don't hear or detect any problems so those are going to stay. Otherwise it seems much better.

Jamie wrote:

Reply to
Jamie